The Office of International Research’s mandate is to increase the international reach of the University of Ottawa’s research strengths, consistent with university priorities, by promoting, assisting and coordinating international research and development activities. We support researchers through:
- Building academic partnerships and liaising with Canadian and foreign government agencies, with foundations and the private sector, as well as coordinating with academic and administrative units at the University;
- Expanding and diversifying the support base for international initiatives by identifying new and non-traditional sources of funding, developing internal programs and raising awareness of these opportunities on campus;
- Being involved in the development of concept papers and full proposals to ensure technical and budgetary compliance, thus helping increase uOttawa’s success rate in competitive bids;
- Participating in negotiating grant and contract agreements with partners and funding agencies; and
- Documenting and assessing the impact of uOttawa’s international research and development projects. Review and analysis of international research data, policies, priorities and trends.
The OIR mandate aims to support researchers with their international activities and to enhance uOttawa’s position internationally.