Summer Undergraduate International Research Internships (SIRI)
The Office of the Vice-President, Research is pleased to offer undergraduate students an international research internship program. Selected students will join a research team and complete a two-month internship during the summer 2013 (between May and July). These students will receive a scholarship of $3000 CDN.
The internships offered for the summer 2013 at the Université de Lyon, in France can be consulted here.
To be eligible, a student must:
- Have completed the second or third year of his or her undergraduate program of study at the beginning of the internship
- Have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 7.5
- Demonstrate that they will be a full-time undergraduate student at the University of Ottawa for the fall session following the internship
Priority may be given to students who have never participated in the SIRI program.
How to apply
To participate, students must apply for one or two available internships.
Each application must include the following:
- The application form duly completed
- An official up to date transcript
- A letter of intent explaining the reasons for his or her interest and what he or she hopes to gain from the experience. The letter should also explain how his or her past experiences and academic background qualify him or her for this internship.
- A letter of recommendation written by a professor in a sealed envelope
- A Curriculum Vitae
List of internships
The list of internships offered for the summer 2013 is available here.
The deadline to submit an application is March 8, 2013.
The host professors will evaluate each individual application received for their internship and rank the applicants.
Expected date of disclosure of recipients: March 25, 2013.
Please contact Pascale Lafrance, Undergraduate Research Facilitator in the Office of the Vice-President, Research, if you have any questions or require additional information:
Tabaret Hall, room 330