Summer Undergraduate International Research Internships (SIRI)
The Office of the Vice-President, Research is pleased to offer undergraduate students an international research internship program. Selected students will join a research team and complete a two to three-month internship during the summer 2015 (between May and July). These students will receive a scholarship of minimum $3000 CDN, according to the lenght of the stay.
The internships offered for the summer 2015 at the Université de Lyon and the Shanghai Jiao Tong University will be available in December.
To be eligible, a student must:
- Have completed the second or third year of his or her undergraduate program of study at the beginning of the internship
- Have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 7.5
- Demonstrate that they will be a full-time undergraduate student at the University of Ottawa for the fall session following the internship
Priority may be given to students who have never participated in the SIRI program.
How to apply
To participate, students must apply for one or two available internships.
Each application must include the following:
- The application form duly completed
- An official up to date transcript
- A letter of intent explaining the reasons for his or her interest and what he or she hopes to gain from the experience. The letter should also explain how his or her past experiences and academic background qualify him or her for this internship.
- A letter of recommendation written by a professor in a sealed envelope
- A Curriculum Vitae
List of internships
The deadline to submit an application is January 15, 2015.
The host professors will evaluate each individual application received for their internship and rank the applicants.
Expected date of disclosure of recipients: February 17, 2015.
Please contact Pascale Lafrance, Director, Office of Undergraduate Research in the Office of the Vice-President, Research, if you have any questions or require additional information:
Tabaret Hall, room N108